Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What type of parent are you or will you be?

IJS do you ever wonder what type of parent your kids will describe you as when they get older? What do you say about your parents now as an adult? Were they always working and provided well or always home, was your father or mother absent? Were you poor or had little but that made you stronger so you appreciate that as an adult? What I take from my upbringing honestly is what I didn’t want for myself. My parents have been married for 33 years. My mom is in a marriage alone. My father was and still is a alcoholic. I am not ashamed of that, it is what it is. When I was much younger I used to think my dad was the best and a great provider because we wanted for nothing. But he was not the best husband to my mother. What I learned is life is so short to have regrets 10, 20 or 30 years later. Love who loves you back, laugh, do what you want AND whats best for you! Focus on the wants and desires of your life not the negative. Someone, trust me, someone always has is worse than you think you do. So if you have kids now or not. What will they say to their friends, or write in their blogs or diaries about you when they are grown? imjustsayin there is no parent rule book that crosses social and geographical and economic barriers. I think most people do the best they can. Cycle have to be broken by communication. I hope my daughter will say that I did the best I could and that she learned many valuable laws of life from me. I hope she will say she learned how to love and be loved. How to laugh and not take everything so seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment